We work with colleagues on a wide range of projects, small and large. While many of our projects are confidential, others have write-ups that are publically available - see below. We also work with businesses and organisations to publish and disseminate research findings widely as per an agreed dissemination strategy.
Sample books / book chapters / reports
- Coleman, P.G. & O’Hanlon, A. (2017). Ageing and Development: Social and Emotional Perspectives. Psychology Textbook. Routledge. Second Edition (see right).
- O'Hanlon et al (2016). Age Friendliness in Newry, Mourne and Down. The Age Friendly Project, Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
- Sidera, A et al (2012). Ethical and social issues related to people with dementia. See deliverables in: ValueAgeing.eu
- Coleman, P.G. & O'Hanlon, A. (2008) Ageing and adaptation. In Woods, Robert T. and Clare, Linda (Eds.) Handbook of the Clinical Psychology of Ageing: 2nd edition. Chichester, UK, Wiley. [Click here]
- Marcoen, A., Coleman P. & O'Hanlon, A. (2007). Psychological ageing. In Bond J., Peace, S., Dittman-Kohli, F & Westerhof, G. (Eds) Ageing in Society: European Perspectives on Gerontology (pp38 - 67). 3rd Edition. Sage.
- O’Hanlon A. et al. (2005). Health and social services for older people: changing profiles from 2000 to 2004. Dublin: National Council of Ageing and Older People, 274pp. (ISBN 1-900378-42-6) [Click here]
- Coleman, P. G. & O'Hanlon, A. (2005). Ageing and development. International texts in developmental psychology. Routledge. [Click here]
- McGee H., O’Hanlon A., Barker M. et al (2005). One Island - Two Systems. A comparison of health status and health and social service use by community-dwelling older people in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Dublin: Institute for Public Health in Ireland, 196pp. (ISBN 0-9542965-3-2).
- O'Hanlon, A. (2002). Attitudes to ageing among community-based adults. Unpublished PhD thesis. Dept of Psychology, University of Southampton, England.